We can't think of a more perfect way to get a step ahead than with these 4 ingredient cacao energy balls. They're vegan, gluten- and dairy-free and super healthy for adults and kiddies alike.
We find they work really well as a go-to healthy snack and to make things better, they can be frozen too.
2tbsp Pacari Organic Drinking Cacao powder
200g dates, pitted (we find Medjool dates work best)
100 desiccated coconut
1. Blend the almonds in a food processor until they are fine and powdery in texture
2. Add some Pacari Organic Drinking Cacao with the pitted dates and blend again, until combined
3. Scoop the mixture out (using a small ice-cream scoop or a teaspoon) and roll into balls
4. Roll each ball through a layer of desiccated coconut
5. Store in the fridge or plan ahead and freeze (initially laying them flat on a baking sheet until frozen, so they don't stick to each other). You can also keep them at room temperature in a sealed container.
We'd love to know if you try the recipe or let us know what other cacao/ dark chocolate recipes you'd like to try and we'll see what we can rustle up!
*Photo by Louis Hansel on Unsplash