A Pacari Inspired Valentine’s ‘Submarino’ Hot Chocolate
For those that have not heard the term, a ‘submarino’ is the name given to South American styled hot chocolate. At Pacari, we want to share with you this fun way of drinking hot chocolate from across the Atlantic with a special Valentine's twist so you can serve it up to your loved one this evening!
We have used Pacari Chocolates Andean Rose bar for this recipe which won silver at the America’s Chocolate Awards in 2015. When you use this chocolate, the rose essence provides a deliciously light and subtle floral taste which is both delicate and lasting, making you want to devour the whole bar in one.
Preparation Time: 1 minute
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- 4 cups of milk – (make it vegan by using Soya, Rice & Almond milk)
- 140g of Andean Roses Pacari Chocolate
- ¼ tsp. spice (either cinnamon sticks, nutmeg or ginger)
- Measure the milk into a saucepan and add 1 cinnamon stick. (Alternatively, if you would like to use nutmeg or ginger then finely grate these spices into the milk at this first stage). Due to the delicacy of the rose essence, we have not added any spices to this recipe. However, if you were to use other Pacari bars such as Andean Mint or the Single region fine chocolate bar then cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger would be a delicious accompaniment.
- Heat the milk over a medium heat, continuously stirring the milk until it reaches a warm temperature and the spices have had time to infuse into the liquid.
- Once the milk has reached its preferred temperature, fill 4 long glasses with the milk removing the cinnamon stick.
- Then place a strip of Pacari chocolate across the top of the glass and serve with a long metal spoon.
- Each recipient then drops his or her Pacari chocolate into the spiced infused milk occasionally stirring, allowing the chocolate to melt beautifully into the milk.
- !Buen provecho!
Guest Blog by
Olivia Bailey. 14.02.2017